In the months since its release on Ninja Tune…stats for this track (streaming etc) have been pretty good. Have you checked it out yet?
You can now find Bastedo at bastedo.rocks
Its been over a year and half since we did out last gig. Life gets in the way. We aim to get back out there performing and showcasing new music soon. in the meantime, we have this new website. Please stay in touch. Much Love, Bastedo x
There are many great learning moments in working with a client such as Roots Manuva, not least the varied an interesting places you get to go to and many people you get to meet…from all walks of life. Roots Manuva has collaborated alongside many great acts, and toured for 20 years with many musicians, toying with many line-ups.
For the Thailand campaign, we decided to add some keyboards to the mix. Introducing Abe Hampton: International Musician, Composer & Performer | Musician Vlogger | Hardcore Piano + Power Silences In this ‘gig economy…’ a term in itself, which takes its ‘cue from music,” musicians like other working professionals, are often multi-faceted. Abe is an amazing Keyboard player…but SQUISH Media, was very impressed by his upbeat attitude, stellar performance….and…his amazing photography, filming and editing skills. Clearly enamored with his kit, Abe filmed a 3 part series of the Thailand gigs on videos part filmed from his drone. A DJI Mavic Pro.
Time flies. Its been over 2 years since the last post! Not I’ve been idle; far from it! SQUISH Media is a small consultancy started by Alex Watson in 2014. Attempting to start a business as a black woman in times of ‘austerity’ does not come without its challenges. In fact I would argue, that it comes with peculiar challenges.
However for this post, I’d like to focus on some of the victories of the last few years…
- Making it past year 2 – The company may still not have made it to the FTSE 100…but ‘Staying Alive,’ means that I have overcome many obstacles where many others would have faltered.
- Securing my first client – This is going back now, back to 2014…but its something we were really too busy to celebrate at the time. We do it now in this season of reflection
- More clients – I have mentored individuals that have gone on to win awards, created training programs that have been delievered globally, assisted small companies to get of the gound with social media, consulted on live streaming as well as providing thought leadership. Though I remain humble, I am very proud of what I have achieved thus far.
- Collaborated on many music projects in varying capacities across a number of genres: Suburban Blues, Reggae and Hip-Hop.
- Last but not least...Managing my band Bastedo and artist Roots Manuva.
Last month was the annual Learning Technologies Conference #LTUK16, held in London’s Olympia. This was the second year that the conference hosted the Google Room For Reflection.
A special area for some of the conference participants to share their expertise from conference to a potentially global audience.
See SQUISH Media’s Alex Watson interview with Shannon Tipton from Learning Rebels discussing Marketing Your Learning Department. Very Informative. Take some notes.