Time flies. Its been over 2 years since the last post! Not I’ve been idle; far from it! SQUISH Media is a small consultancy started by Alex Watson in 2014. Attempting to start a business as a black woman in times of ‘austerity’ does not come without its challenges. In fact I would argue, that it comes with peculiar challenges.
However for this post, I’d like to focus on some of the victories of the last few years…
- Making it past year 2 – The company may still not have made it to the FTSE 100…but ‘Staying Alive,’ means that I have overcome many obstacles where many others would have faltered.
- Securing my first client – This is going back now, back to 2014…but its something we were really too busy to celebrate at the time. We do it now in this season of reflection
- More clients – I have mentored individuals that have gone on to win awards, created training programs that have been delievered globally, assisted small companies to get of the gound with social media, consulted on live streaming as well as providing thought leadership. Though I remain humble, I am very proud of what I have achieved thus far.
- Collaborated on many music projects in varying capacities across a number of genres: Suburban Blues, Reggae and Hip-Hop.
- Last but not least...Managing my band Bastedo and artist Roots Manuva.